I’m Scott Bates, the creator of Money and Bills.
“I started this site so you can learn how to quit stressing out about money and paying your bills.”
I’m a SF Bay Area native with a curiosity for how money works. That led me to buy my first home at the age of 21. Since then, I’ve seen the dot-com crash, the great recession of 2008, and had 20 years of perspective on personal finance, stocks, and real estate. Over the years I’ve learned how to leverage real estate by owning my house and not paying rent. This has kept my monthly living costs fixed and sheltered from landlords who want to keep raising the rent. House hacking, having an emergency fund, and staying up to date on the latest personal finance trends has allowed me to live a stress free financial life.
A Few Websites Money and Bills has been mentioned on:
- Yahoo News: 33 Things No One Tells You About Being a Working Mom
- MSN: 17 Ways to Be Less Indecisive
- Best Company: Preventing Home Buyer’s Remorse: 13 Common Mistakes and What You Can Do to Avoid Them
- Best Life Online: Be Less Decisive By Choosing Wisely And Quickly!
- Consolidated Credit: 19 Experts Respond: Teens, Money and Financial Independence
- The Penny Hoarder: Here’s What It Means to Have No Credit Score
For a complete list, check out our Media page.
To start your financial literacy journey, I suggest reading my article: Financial Literacy: What it is and Why It’s Important.