Below, I’m going to provide you with a road-map to show you some examples of everything I’ve done over the years to grow my net worth while working from home.
(Please bookmark this page and make sure to visit back frequently for more updates as I build out the Money and Bills website. This page was last updated January 18th, 2021.)
By the time I was 23 years old, I had built up a six figure net worth for the first time in my life.
During my journey as a young adult, I learned a lot about budgeting my money, stock and real estate investing, and mastering my skills for personal money management at an early age.
What I discovered was this:
- First: There’s no magic formula for making money that works the same way for everybody. If there was, everyone could do one thing and be rich!
- Second: The only way to honestly and ethically build your net worth is to educate yourself on the basic principals of personal and business finance. You do this by reading blogs, financial news, and learning from books. Then you have to put that knowledge to work in real world investments like real estate or the stock market. Or start a unique business idea.
- Third: Remember the number one financial rule that matters the most: It does not matter how much money you make, it’s how much you keep that matters.
Buying My First Home Was Essential For Building My Net Worth
I did not achieve my first 100k of net worth until I bought my first home. I was 21 years old and achieved that goal by saving a small amount of money and using a first time home buyers loan.
Since I live in California where rents usually just keep going up, I wanted to own my home so I could lock in my monthly payment and not worry about rents going up and up.
You can read the following articles to find out Step By Step how to get started with buying your first home.
- A Step By Step Guide To Buying Your First Home
- First Time Home-buyer Loans, Everything You Need To Know
As I build out the blog I’ll be writing more to update this article. Please check back frequently for updates. Or join my mailing list below.