Managing finances can be hard. For some, it’s difficult to make ends meet. Others struggle to make the right decisions when it comes to investments and growing wealth.
When we don’t know which way to turn, it’s a good idea to find out what the experts have to say. Some of the most successful advisors and entrepreneurs have had their words immortalized into quotable quotes.
Read on to find out what they are saying.
Real Estate Quotes
Real estate is one of the best ways to make money. Once you invest, you can rent or sell to make money on your property. What’s more, real estate investments are highly likely to increase in value over time.
If you are thinking of investing, here are some quotes that may give you some guidance.
- “Buy on the fringe and wait. Buy land near a growing city! Buy real estate when other people want to sell. Hold what you buy!” – John Jacob Astor
- “A funny thing happens in real estate. When it comes back, it comes back up like gangbusters.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.” – Russell Sage
- “Now, one thing I tell everyone is learn about real estate. Repeat after me: real estate provides the highest returns, the greatest values and the least risk.” – Armstrong Williams
- “Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Land monopoly is not only monopoly, but it is by far the greatest of monopolies; it is a perpetual monopoly, and it is the mother of all other forms of monopoly.” – Winston Churchill
Quotes on Saving Money
It’s a simple fact, you have to have money to make money. Therefore, the basis for building wealth may be as fundamental as cutting back on unnecessary expenses and holding on to nickels and dimes.
Here are some inspirational quotes that may help you create this very basic foundation for building wealth.
- “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.” – Seneca
- “The person who doesn’t know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn’t know where his last dollar went.” – Unknown
- “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” – Ben Franklin
- “Money is good for nothing unless you know the value of it by experience.” – P.T Barnum
Quotes on Stocks
Another way people build wealth is through investing in stocks. The stock market can be risky so it’s understandable that you may need guidance every once in a while. With that in mind, here are some expert quotes that may guide you in the right direction.
- “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson
- “The trick is not to learn to trust your gut feelings, but rather to discipline yourself to ignore them. Stand by your stocks as long as the fundamental story of the company hasn’t changed.” – Peter Lynch
- “If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes.” – Warren Buffett
- “Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic stricken, you should not be in the stock market.” – Warren Buffett
- ”Prices are too high” is far from synonymous with “The next move will be downward.” Things can be overpriced and stay that way for a long time … or become far more so.” – Howard Marks
Quotes on Creating a Budget
One of the best ways to build wealth is to create a budget. That way you know exactly how much money you’re spending and how much to set aside. If you are having trouble getting started on your budget, here are some words that may get you started in the right direction.
- “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” – Dave Ramsey
- “A budget is more than just a series of numbers on a page; it is an embodiment of our values.” – Barack Obama
- “Manage your spending by creating and sticking to a budget.” – Alexa Von Tobel
- “Budgets are not merely affairs of arithmetic, but in a thousand ways go to the root of prosperity of individuals, the relation of classes and the strength of kingdoms.” – William E. Gladstone
- “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” – T.T. Munger
Many people base their money goals on how much they will have at retirement. If retirement savings are a priority to you, here are some quotes that will get you on the right track.
- “Learn the lessons of history. Don’t let how you feel about your tenure at your organization drive you to make poor investment decisions that could potentially derail a successful retirement.” – Mark Singer
- “At the young age of thirty-two, retirement is not much of a consideration, but when considering a thirty-year transaction it should be.” – Dale Vermillion
- “How you invest during retirement is as critical as how you invest in preparing for retirement. Things are never as simple and automatic as they once may have been — you worked hard, saved, and then sat back and collected your benefits. You can’t rely on someone else coming up with the cash you’ll need once you stop working.” – Daniel R. Solin
- “Before you recoil in horror at the idea of keeping track of every dollar that passes through your hands, remember that creating, maintaining, and periodically tweaking your budget is a vital aspect of preparing for retirement. You may be able to get away with ignoring your money choices while you are working full time and bringing home a good salary, but maintaining that same level of money ignorance as you prepare for retirement is a good way to ensure your plans and finances go off the rails. Knowing how you spend your money will allow you to make the decisions that make the difference between an enjoyable and well-funded retirement and learning to enjoy meals of crackers with ketchup.” – Emily Guy Birken
- “I have found that retirement is all about cash flow, not net worth, especially after the real estate crash. I have met people who have a net worth of $2 million, which looks great on paper, but when it comes to retirement income, they are just barely squeaking by on their Social Security and a small pension. It’s great that you are worth $2 million, but ultimately, it’s your cash flow that will determine your quality of life in retirement, not your net worth.” – Jason R. Parker
Global Economy Quotes
While the global economy may seem far removed from what you do in your day to day life, it has major repercussions when it comes to how inflation works and that directly relates to how much you will be making and how much you will be spending.
The global economy can be tricky to understand but here are some quotes that will provide some enlightenment.
- “Yet in this global economy, no jobs are safe. High-speed Internet connections and low-cost, skilled labor overseas are an explosive combination.” – Bob Taft
- “We have to remember we’re in a global economy. The purpose of fiscal stimulus is not simply to sustain activity in our national economies, but to help the global economy as well, and that’s why it’s so critical that measures in those packages avoid anything that smacks of protectionism.” – Stephen Harper
- “The agricultural revolution transformed the earth and changed the fate of humanity. It produced an entirely new mode of subsistence, which remains the foundation of the global economy to this day.” – Robyn Davidson
- “Wireless is the largest information, communication, and technology platform in history, and mobile broadband is transforming how we can deliver educational materials and experiences to all students. The technology now exists to support learning on a massive scale and advance the 21st century skills needed to compete in the global economy.” – Peggy Johnson
- “Our system of private health insurance that fails to provide coverage to so many of our citizens also contributes to the double-digit health care inflation that is making America less competitive in the global economy.” – John Conyers
The financial world can be confusing. Fortunately, there are experts whose words that offer some light in the darkness. Which one of these is your favorite?
Research for this article was sourced from the following: